As the key disciplines of Zhejiang Province Health Bureau, the gynecological department is integrated with medical service, teaching and scientific research. We are committed to provide the highest standard of care and utilize the most modern equipment to perform procedures as we are one of the largest women health care center in South Zhejiang Province.
1. There are 36 doctors in our division, including 10 chiefs /professors, 9 associate chiefs /professors , 8 attending doctors , 4 of which are Ph. D . There are 44 nurses, including 1 deputy director, 6 supervisor nurses. There are 138 beds in our department. And we provided outpatients services for more than 220,000 patients last year, and procedures for over 5000 patients in hospital. As one of the earliest certification authority for master degree we have successfully trained over 30 postgraduate students until now. There are 1 doctorate tutor and 4 master tutors in our division. The sub-division includes gynecological tumor,gynecological endocrinology and family planning.
2. Comprehensive treatments for benign and pre-cancerous tumor, malignancies of the ovary, uterus and cervix are provided. The following procedures are used personalized : hysteroscopy, laparoscopy, laparotomy, transvaginal operation.
3．Minimal invasive procedures including laparoscopy, hysteroscope and colposcope have been carried out in a large scale, with a coverage of more than 80% of all. Radical operations for cervical cancer and endometrial cancer using laparoscopy have been successfully performed in recent. Laparoscopy combined hysteroscope is effective in treatment of infertility. There is high rate of pregnancy after anastomosis of fallopian tube. Significant efficacy was obtained in pelvic floor dysfunction such as pelvic organ prolapse and urinary incontinence by reconstructive surgery. We are experienced in genital tract congenital malformation plastic surgery too. Outpatient service for family planning including painless induced abortion operation is humanized provided.
4. We sent our doctors for advanced studies overseas every year to enhance academic collaboration. Seven doctors have been sent to U.K, Austria and Germany until now and one of them has accepted PHD from King’s College London.
5. There are dozens of scientific research projects being carried on or finished already, including national and provincial natural science foundation. More than one hundred research papers have been published in either Chinese or foreign authoritative journals in recent five years, 7 of which are included in the Web of Science, 60 papers in national first grade. In April, 2012, at the invitation of M.D Anderson from cancer research centre , USA, our department took part in a stage III clinical research of international multiple-center about the comparison of laparoscopic hysterectomy and abdominal radical operation in early stage of cervical carcinoma. We also have extensive cooperation with specialists and institutes in UK, Austria and Germany on clinical research.
6. In our consistent efforts our department was honored with the title of Advanced Women’s Station of Wenzhou city, the title of Advanced Department, Advanced Teaching department in past few years.